Ceremonial documents are issued to recognize people, places, or events that have had or made a positive contribution or impact in Fort Bend County and Precinct 2. Examples of causes for a ceremonial document include, but are not limited to:
- Civic celebrations
- Organizations or individuals who have made a positive contribution or impact in Fort Bend County and Precinct 2
- Significant events or anniversaries of institutions or people (i.e. significant birthdays, work and house of worship anniversaries, etc.)
Examples of reasons for a ceremonial document to not be issued include but are not limited to:
- Commercial/for-profit purposes
- Conflicts with federally recognized months, weeks, or days of observance
- Events that have not yet been confirmed to take place
- Requests that go against any policy adopted by Fort Bend County and Precinct 2
If you would like to request a ceremonial document, please note the following:
- All fields on the Request Form must be filled out to be considered for approval.
- At least ten (10) business days, not including weekends or recognized Holidays, are required prior to a ceremonial document being issued.
- A confirmation of receipt will be sent within 24 hours after submission during normal work hours.
- Within three (3) business days, an approval email will be sent to the requestor (* Note that if a request cannot be accommodated, a brief explanation will accompany the email.).
- When the ceremonial document is completed, an email and/or phone call will be made informing the requestor that the ceremonial document is available for pick-up.
- Precinct 2 cannot guarantee that a request made to present the ceremonial document in person by a member of our Staff will be accommodated or that Commissioner Prestage will be the presenter. If the request for an in-person presentation of the document can be accommodated, an email notification will be sent to the requestor as well.
Precinct 2 reserves the right to approve or deny any ceremonial document request and retains full editing rights. There is no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that all information provided will be utilized. We make all attempts possible to honor requests. Please fill out all information below.
Questions indicated with an * (asterisk) are required